Our client, a publicly-traded, quickly growing company, is seeking a Lead Accounting Analyst to join their offices in Jersey City, NJ. This role is responsible for managing key accounting processes as well as maintaining and updating the chart of accounts and producing external reporting schedules. The ideal candidate is a “Big 4” public accountant or auditor with 3+ years of experience.
- Manage and coordinate the month-end close and consolidations process.
- Oversee all related balance sheet reporting.
- Maintain and update the chart of accounts.
- Enter exchange rates into Oracle, and produce analyses and reports on foreign currency.
- Collaborate with associates in India for preparation of BEA reports.
- Monitor internal controls and governance, including SOX controls. Identify and resolve deficiencies.
- Support and drive process improvement initiatives, particularly around standardizing and automating accounting processes.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and reports as needed.
- 3 years of relevant experience in public Accounting or Audit, preferably at a “Big 4” Firm.
- CPA required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Oracle general ledger application experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and SOX requirements/testing.
- Excellent leadership abilities.