Our client a privately owned Real Estate development firm is looking for a Controller.
Take charge of all accounting functions involved in the office including: general accounting
function, external financial reporting to investors, internal management reporting, strategic staffing and planning for the property. The Controller will review the staff’s work monthly to check that proper GAAP accounting is used for business transactions, activities and financial reporting. The Controller will report to the VP of Commercial Accounting and be based in the New York office.
- Lead and guide the activities of a Senior and Staff Accountants, bring leadership, support and motivation to drive excellent performance
- Oversee monthly work paper packages, base year expense reconciliations, lender and partner compliance reporting
- Partnership of various operating subsidies on an IFRS, GAAP and modified accrual basis
- Help with direction on property level transactions ensuring compliance with GAAP and business combinations
- Support the creation of legal entity consolidated financial statements
- Lay out the ground work for quarterly and year-end tax, cash, management and GAAP reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Must have 8 – 14 years of accounting experience in commercial real estate; the primary experience should be in the public accounting field
- Strong analytical skills with ability to check the data and present solutions to solve business issues
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Yardi, HFM and Hubble or other property management related software, a plus