Dynamic and growing NYC office of a prominent British law firm is looking to hire an analytical and proactive Revenue Controller who will Act as business partner and trusted advisor to U.S. partners and other senior decision-makers with the principle in order to optimize revenue and profitability.
The firm offers a collaborative work environment with bright motivated staff and great benefits including 27 days of PTO plus holidays! Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Net Investment Management
- Oversee and monitor the effectiveness of client billing and collection processes and initiate improvements to enhance the quality of service
- Manage and monitor the client revenue and net investment balances (WIP and Debts), report regularly on positions and escalate increasing client exposures
- Send regular billing and net investment report to partners with concise narrative
- Review billing write offs and ensure any material amounts are brought to the attention of the Head of Finance
- Review unbilled disbursements account balances and disbursements written off on a monthly basis and investigate any significant movements
Matter profitability and project management
- Analyse current billing and profitability information and other items of a complex nature for reporting and problem-solving including calculating PPP analysis of individual matters
- Assist in the preparation of draft budgets for matter partners for review prior to accepting new engagements
- Delivery, design and preparation of financial presentations, and ad hoc client reviews
Pricing and Business Partnering
- Assist U.S. Partners with rate negotiations for clients. Assistance includes (i) providing timely, accurate and relevant financial information for decision-making, (ii) profitability forecasting based on multiple levers/potential outcomes, and (iii) negotiation strategy
- Develop close relationships with central pricing team in London and U.S. BD team
- Provide financial support for internal and external client meetings – determine nature of meeting and provide succinct financial advice and help drive client listening on price.
- Ensure IT systems reflect agreed engagement terms by working closely with the Finance Systems Group
- Establish good working relationships with external clients to facilitate the resolution of any issues that may arise
Ad-Hoc duties required from time to time may include the following:
- Assisting other teams as and when cover is required
- Reporting on specific clients or client groups
- Ad hoc reports as requested
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of relevant and meaningful experience with a track record of success
- Must be a pro-active self-starter with drive, enthusiasm and tenacity, possessing excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Will need to be visible with the confidence to encourage and challenge partners
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills are a prerequisite for the role, plus the individual will need to adopt a ‘broad brush,’ big-picture approach and appreciate the commercial realities of a dynamic, fast moving practice
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint a must
- Experience of Elite 3E a distinct advantage but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with the high and varied workloads
- Upbeat, robust and a sense of humour welcomed!
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook