ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
Our client, a high profile NYC startup at the crossroads of technology and real estate, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their quickly-growing team in downtown Manhattan. This role is responsible for expense accounting duties including accruals, research and expense analyses, maintaining general ledger accounts, and preparing financial reports. For strong performers, there is ample growth opportunity and the chance to become a manager within 12 months.
- Design and implement accounting procedures.
- Conduct research and analysis on expense accounting procedures, and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Assist with month and quarter-end closings.
- Maintain general ledger accounts.
- Prepare reconciliations, prepaids, and expense analyses for monthly accruals.
- Support implementation of updates or changes to accounting systems.
- Act as resource to external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field.
- 3-5 years of combined public and private accounting experience.
- CPA required
- Willingness to work long hours.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple deadlines.