ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client a Private Equity owned worldwide industry leading manufacturer located in North/Central NJ, is seeking a CPA to manage all aspects of US GAAP compliance required for external and internal financial reporting. Including the development and codification of accounting policies and procedures as they prepare for the next phase of the company’s advancement. Great growth opportunity.
This is a great opportunity to prove your technical and leadership abilities while taking the company through its next phase of growth and becoming the successor to the Controller.
- Responsible for the codification of all internal accounting policies and procedures and the preparation of technical accounting memorandums
- Analyze new accounting pronouncements and their applicability as they arise.
- Develop and execute accounting policy implementation plans
- Work closely with business controllers and their staff, and external advisors to ensure proper compliance with company policy and accounting rules
- Have a very strong working knowledge of accounting for income taxes.
- Work with outside auditors on technical aspects of financial statement presentation and footnote disclosures.
- Provide Mergers and Acquisition support as needed. A key aspect is ascertaining that acquisition targets are quickly and thoroughly complying with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Be a leader and key player in IPO Readiness exercise.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Corporate Controller.
- Provide thought leadership throughout the organization in anticipation of becoming the ultimate successor to Controller.
- 8-10 years of Big 4 or Big 4 + private experience
- Must have deep understanding of US GAAP
- SEC experience and preferably S1 experience strongly preferred
- Superior technical research and writing skills required
- Must have a strong understanding of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- Able to work with autonomy when necessary yet lead implementation teams outside of direct line of responsibility
- Must be able to interact confidently with senior executives and outside advisors
- Experience working with PE-owned business a plus
- Must have a strong track record of steady promotion and strong reviews