ACCOUNTING, FINANCE & REAL ESTATE
Industrial Manufacturing Conglomerate seeks a Senior Manager of External Reporting who’s looking to take ownership and work on high-profile projects which will provide great visibility to executive management. The position is a direct report to the Chief Accounting Officer.
• Collaborate with stakeholders in all operating divisions and at various levels throughout the Company regarding financial reporting, SEC filing and reporting requirements, emerging accounting issues, interpretation of complex and technical accounting guidance, and implementation of newly adopted accounting guidance.
• Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Q, 10-K, etc.) as well as financial statements and tables to be used in quarterly earnings releases and corresponding investor materials/presentations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and SEC rules.
• Coordinate the accurate preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements balance sheet, income statements, cash flows and supporting materials.
• Draft sections of MD&A in quarterly and annual SEC filings and corresponding summary of operating results in earnings releases.
• Analyze and improve materials provided to investors.
• Lead efforts to analyze, research and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB; prepare memorandums regarding the Company's position and impact on the Company, manage the implementation of new accounting standards through the coordination of internal resources and external advisors and debrief senior management and external auditors.
• Consult on technical accounting matters to the operating divisions, ensuring that all technical issues are addressed, resolved and properly documented in a timely manner in accordance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations. Train, mentor and develop global finance team members in their understanding and application of these matters.
• Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) leading teams to develop new and innovative processes, procedures and system enhancements.
• Superior project management and interpersonal skills
• SOX and internal controls experience
• Strong analytical, organization, planning and problem-solving skills.
• 10+ years of relevant accounting/ financial reporting experience required from public accounting or a combination of public and private accounting experience
• Current CPA License