Our client, a real estate investment company, is seeking an experienced accountant with knowledge of REIT tax law and tax compliance procedures to join on as Senior Manager of Tax.
- Research and identify tax issues concerning the company’s pursuits.
- Review the REIT income and asset tests, as well as federal and state tax return partnerships, REITs, and corporations.
- Reconcile cash distributions between the Operating Partnership and partners, and review the taxable income for individual divisions of the partnership.
- Analyze the depreciation of fixed assets for respective divisions within the company.
- Examine tax projections for REIT and TRS.
- Supervise a group of tax accountants responsible for tax returns.
- 8+ years of tax accounting experience (public accounting experience a plus).
- Solid understanding of REIT compliance and tax law.
- Continuously monitoring changes in tax law.
- Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Go System Fast Tax, Checkpoint RIA, Superforms, FAS Asset Accounting Systems, and ATX Saber experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.