ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thriving international publicly held technology company with solid revenue growth seeks an analytical and team oriented accountant with a solid US GAAP and an international accounting focus to join their team of key leaders and assist with driving and enhancing the company's process, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly accounting and reporting procedures for specific operations across global entities.
- Work with foreign accounting groups on reporting requirements and review legal documentation to ensure authentic reporting.
- Research and document the application and interpretation of new accounting standards and their impact on our transactions.
- Coordinate necessary documentation to achieve both internal and external quarterly and annual audit requests.
- Analyze financial statements for appropriate areas and collaborate with external auditors to clear up audit concerns.
- Develop financial reports and other ad hoc assignments for executives as they arise.
- Aid in SOX compliance, audits, and any other affairs.
- Stay informed of changes in accounting standards and business practices to develop new policies.
- Inform all essential accounting personnel of foreign accounting matters.
- 3+ years of technical accounting experience, preferably at a Big 4, large regional audit firm or large public international corporation.
- Strong knowledge of SEC and U.S. GAAP rules and proven application of said rules to technical accounting issues.
- Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Knowledge of advanced accounting concepts such as business combinations and purchase accounting highly desirable.
- Familiar with international accounting and multicurrency booking.
- Ability to analyze financial reports and other complex business documents.
- Works effectively under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Organized, detail oriented, and innovative with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- A team player who is able to collaborate with previous Big 4 colleagues.
- CPA preferred.