Our client, a prestigious NYC based media company is seeking an experienced internal controls manager to manage the SOX compliance program from the corporate level. The manager will also be involved in other internal controls areas such as Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Fraud and Ethics. The candidate will oversee some of the analysis and reporting in addition to the daily program management.
- Determine SOX testing guidelines in accordance with SEC and PCAOB.
- Collaborate with IT to analyze tests and resolve deficiencies.
- Lead the ERM risk assessment process, as well as quarterly risk and security meetings.
- Manage reporting for audit and executive meetings for SOX and ERM sections.
- Oversee the Compliance Analyst and T&E compliance reports.
- Drive anti-fraud processes such as surveys and fraud scheme reviews.
- Lead SOX process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years experience of accounting or audit, strong background in internal controls and compliance.
- CPA a plus.
- Strong background in SOX and compliance knowledge.
- Risk Management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey information across teams.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills.