Our client, a leading provider of technology-driven solutions, is seeking a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to join their team in Jersey City, NJ. This role will work closely with key business partners and management responsible for negotiating new sales contracts and strategic transactions This is a highly visible position with the opportunity to serve in an advisory role for contract structuring, particularly as it relates to Revenue Recognition issues.
- Assist with implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures (i.e. revenue recognition, leasing).
- Support annual financial statement audit, including analyzing revenue contracts for appropriate revenue recognition accounting.
- Train management on changes in US GAAP.
- Writing accounting position white papers and reviewing with external auditors.
- Building and managing relationships with various business partners, including the Legal, Treasury, Business Development and FP&A departments to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Assisting other members of the corporate finance team as needed with quarter-end reporting requirements.
- Leading ad-hoc projects.
- CPA required.
- 6-7 years experience at Big 4 Public Accounting Firm required and/or combined Big 4 and private industry experience doing technical accounting research.
- Previous Big 4 technical accounting experience a plus (e.g. Accounting Advisory or National Office)
- Strong understanding of SEC and GAAP accounting rules