ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
To perform general accounting work related to month-end closing and related reconciliations and support management with ad-hoc and internal & external audit requests
- Perform Bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Daily cash & credit card reconciliations (POS system vs. Bank)
- Weekly E-Commerce reconciliations (EComm Sales vs. Bank)
- Record & recalculate depreciation on a monthly basis
- Amortize prepaid expenses
- Record travel & entertainment expenses and accruals
- Record general accruals based on information provided from Accounts Payable and prior month detail and other departments’ input
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to General ledger
- Perform intercompany reconciliation and provide intercompany counterparts with invoices upon request
- Record sales & use tax accrual and provide 3rd party sales tax service provider with monthly sales on a timely basis
- Record monthly bank transfer activity
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a plus
- One to Two years of related accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and computerized accounting.