The Staff Accountant will provide accounting and analytical support to our Finance and Operations team. The ideal candidate will be a guardian of the financials - accurate and timely and a trusted adviser to our business partners delivering accounting expertise and insightful analytics to drive optimal decision making. You will be a team player at heart and collaborate with others to support the company's business objectives.
- Perform monthly close activities (e.g., month-end close journal entries, analysis, reconciliations) related to inventory, production and manufacturing operations. Present results to operations team and management.
- Perform deep-dive analysis of inventory and production transactions. Identify variances associated with these transactions and opportunities to improve performance. Support development of plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Run, modify or create queries to obtain relevant financial or transactional information. Review existing queries for efficiency and accuracy. Propose and execute improvements to current financial reporting and analysis.
- Complete annual filings of property tax returns and business license renewals for various jurisdictions according to prescribed deadlines.
- Identify opportunities to centralize, eliminate, automate or outsource activities. Maintain documentation of processes and procedures to ensure they follow corporate policies.
- Assist and preparation of documentation for external audits.
- Assist and coordinate with physical inventory count at manufacturing plants, warehouses and retail stores.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects. Serve as the point of contact for accounting and finance questions from our operations team.
- Degree in Accounting from accredited university.
- 1 – 3 years of accounting experience in a professional environment. Consideration will be provided to recent graduates with internship experience.
- Exposure to Microsoft Excel and Office products.
- Exposure to mid-market / large company business systems. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus.
- Exceptional learning, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement and intellectual curiosity. Candidate will be asked about contributions to previous employers where they made a significant improvement for their company.