Our client, a leading global bank, is seeking a SVP, Capital Markets, Compensation Analystics to assist their FP&A department with financial analysis and insight to facilitate decision making at a senior level that will drive performance in the department’s products, regions, and functions. This position will be responsible for partnering with various functional units to collect, analyze and transform data into meaningful and effective presentations for senior management, and be fully engaged in coordinating the monthly close process.
- Produce and analyze financials for Earnings, Outlooks, Forecasts, Annual Plan, and CCAR, and manage the preparation of presentations for higher ups.
- Prepare the department’s CFO and President for monthly reviews through perceptive business performance analysis.
- Build executive level program summaries from detailed progress updates and disclose early indications of areas with a greater need for management focus.
- Construct monthly outlook and annual plan in coordination with FP&A department to align with the strategy of the business.
- Partner with various departments and global groups and lead projects to enhance efficiency of the firm’s financial processes and increase the informative value of the content provided to management.
- Drive efficiencies and enhance analytical prowess.
- Mentor junior staff and lead ad-hoc analytics at senior management’s request.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in finance, business, or accounting in a financial institution.
- Deep understanding of accounting principles, investment, capital markets, trading, accrual products and corporate finance and balance sheet concepts.
- Strong presentation skills. This position calls for the translation of complex financial schedules into clear and meaningful presentations.
- Analytical with the ability to draw conclusions and drive decision making through the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Assertive and confident under pressure to be a credible and sought after resource.
- Strong leader in managing staff for multiple projects and deadlines.
- Build and maintain rapport with senior finance and other business executives.
- Motivated team player and influencer to inspire team members to be proactive and focused on partnerships and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or a related filed.
- Advanced degree preferred.