ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading manufacturer in the cosmetics industry, is seeking a Manager to assist the Director and Executive Director of the Technical Accounting department with their overall job duties and support the complex business needs of the ever evolving company.
- Research, evaluate, and prepare position papers on the Firm’s legal contracts, transactions, and other business initiatives to ensure that the Company’s technical accounting is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed accounting and reporting literature and pronouncements on the Company, and draft accounting positions.
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization to implement the new leasing standard and revenue recognition standard.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual accounting requirements and SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K).
- Complete ad hoc assignments as they relate to business combinations, derivatives, stock based compensation, accounting for pension, and other areas.
- 3-5 years Big 4 public accounting experience with 1 year in a private company
- Working knowledge of U.S GAAP and SEC reporting
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with the use of accounting research tools
- Experienced in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in fundamental accounting and experience with advanced accounting concepts, including revenue recognition, lease accounting, business combinations, and stock-based compensation
- Personable with strong oral and written communication
- Critical thinker who works well under tight deadlines and is willing to work extended hours to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Must have CPA