Economic consulting firm seeks an Associate or Analyst to assist their Financial Advisory Services practice in consulting clients on critical accounting, financial, and economic issues.
- Provide an independent valuation of complex financial instruments and review all depositions and financial statements, along with any other materials produced in litigation matters.
- Research and analyze economic factors affecting litigation damages and valuation.
- Incorporate discounted cash flow and relative valuation models in creating financial models.
- Analyze large data sets and perform statistical analysis.
- Draft written reports, prepare presentation materials, and communicate with clients and coworkers.
- Organize and prepare supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
- Review work product and train professional staff.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience for associate level. 1 year and strong academic performance for analyst level.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or engineering. Advance degree preferred.
- Preferred experience working in a consulting firm performing economic analysis and valuing financial instruments.
- Chartered Financial Analyst or Certified Valuation Analyst preferred.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson One and other data sources.
- Strong finance, economics, and accounting knowledge and quant skills, as well as analytical, statistical, and financial modeling abilities.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet tight deadlines.
- Team oriented with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Flexible with time and willing to travel both domestically and internationally for extended periods.
- Ability to remain positive and energetic under pressure.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Power Point.
- Preferred background with SAS, Stata or other statistical packages.