ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a top global bank, is seeking a VP of Accounting to supervise the various reporting and analysis and lead the preparation of audited financial statements. For the broker dealer.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of audited financial statements.
- Perform analyses on the balance sheet and income statement.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Broker Dealer books and have them comply with IFRS/GAAP requirements.
- Stay up to date with technical financial accounting and reporting standards.
- Adjust the month-end financial reports.
- Ensure documents comply with company policy.
- Coordinate activities with external and internal auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- 6+ years of accounting experience. 2+ years of managerial accounting.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge with GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong broker-dealer experience.
- Advanced Excel skills for data lookups and pivot tables; SQL/VBA programming skills helpful.
- High analytical skills to solve in-depth problems.