ACCOUNTING, FINANCE & REAL ESTATE
Our client who owns and operates a retail and mixed-use portfolio comprising of over 15 million square feet in 120 properties is looking to add a VP of Development.
• Work with internal and external partners to craft unique environments that support the retail merchandising, community vision, and mixed-use components.
• Lead the development process, coordinating all aspects of the development including financial analysis, political approvals, design, marketing and construction.
• Partner with other disciplines within the organization to coordinate and integrate leasing, operations, acquisitions, and financial reporting.
• Develop qualitative analysis, pro forma analysis, financial sensitivity analysis, and budgets for investment real estate development projects.
• Develop schedules from the initial phase through construction.
• Manage bid processes for hard and soft costs including negotiating contracts; ensuring compliance with
codes and laws; and overall project management (monitoring cost, progress, schedule, etc.).
• Negotiate service provider and consultant contracts with legal counsel guidance as appropriate.
• Engage with communities and municipalities to secure entitlements.
• Provide general support for real estate transactions and special projects as needed.
• Conduct certain due diligence (architectural, engineering, and environmental) for potential acquisitions
• Participate in a variety of aspects related to the financing, permitting and programming of real estate
• Evaluate potential new development sites for zoning, market and financial feasibility.
• Conduct detailed market surveys and perform a quantitative and qualitative analysis of competitive
• Coordination of designers, contractors and marketing consultants for project related work.
• Interface on a daily basis with designers, general contractors, architects and company pre-construction
staff on development and construction projects.
• Track job cost against budget and report to management on projected savings or overruns.
• Take ownership of and solve problems throughout the conceptual, design, construction and delivery
• Strong desire to create unique places that foster community.
• Ability to participate in corporate decisions and understand the firm’s strategic plans.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated and independent, detailed oriented, strong work ethic, high integrity and ethical standards.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Perform under heavy time and workload pressure.
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion.
• Be personable, likable, a listener and a team player.
• Be open to and willing to accept input and direction.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the real estate industry.
• Bachelors Degree Preferred.
• Proficiency in windows based environment.
• Clear and effective communication skills.
• Excellent financial analysis skills, with strong Excel proficiency.