ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 email@example.com
International financial-services institution seeks a Vice President of Finance, Governance & Controls for their New York City offices. The selected individual will be responsible for leading the creation and implementation of a standardized and robust control framework across Finance.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor a globally consistent framework for controls across the Finance function.
- Work with Senior Directors to embed these controls into business units.
- Act as a key point of contact for control related issues around financial reporting.
- Act as a key decision maker in issues pertaining to the ongoing governance model for Finance.
- Document Governance & Control policies and standards.
- Present proposals to Senior Management.
- Communicate the Governance & Controls Team strategy with employees and internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with relevant teams, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal Audit, to define control standards.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the finance industry
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting processes
- CPA (or equivalent) preferred
- Background in control gained through public accounting, internal audit, or SOX experience
- Excellent presentation skills and proven ability dealing with senior management and stakeholders.