ACCOUNTING & FINANCE PLACEMENTS PHONE: 212-856-9888 FAX: 212-856-0826 firstname.lastname@example.org
Prominent investment bank is seeking a VP Internal Audit for its Investment Management Division. Internal Audit supports firm oversight by assessing internal control structure, advising management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of control measures.
• Assess and identify risks and mitigating controls, and recommend improvements on the control environment for Private Equity, Private Wealth Advisory, Asset Management, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, and Fund-of-Funds businesses
• Perform audit testing and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is accurate and meets high standards of quality
• Review open audit issues
• Create effective audit findings and conclusions, and present to senior management and clients
• Take part in initiatives improving Internal Audit processes and supporting infrastructure
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting (graduate degree in a related subject a plus)
• 10+ years of experience in public accounting or internal audit within the financial services. CPA or CIA a plus
• Knowledge of Private Equity, Private Wealth Advisory, Asset Management, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, and Fund-of-Funds
• Knowledge of equities and fixed income products, private equity investments in securities, infrastructure, and real-estate, and related risk management activities
• Highly motivated, with strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal, written, and communication skills.
Salary: 120,000-150,000 + Bonus, Performance Based