A major financial services institution is seeking a VP of Market Risk Audit for their NYC offices. This role directs assessment and audits of market risks taken by sales and trading businesses and investments. The Market Risk Audit team serves as an important guide to the Market Risk team. The right candidate should be a charismatic, strong negotiator with excellent people management skills.
- Develop and execute audit plan for the controls, processes, and regulatory requirements that guide the Market Risk teams.
- Deliver timely and accurate audit reports that meet high standards of quality.
- Manage audit activities, from conducting a risk assessment to testing internal controls.
- Provide leadership to the Market Risk audit team, develop talent, and motivate members towards common objective.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with leaders across business and support units and understand their impact on the audit approach.
- Support process improvement initiatives and recommend new interventions where appropriate.
- Lead and approve all reviews, including Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field.
- Experience auditing global financial markets, ideally at a “Big 4” public accounting firm or top tier bank
- Knowledge of financial products, especially those associated with Market Risk.
- Risk experience a plus but not required
- CPA, CIA or other relevant certifications a plus.
- Effective negotiation skills.